Hearty Beef Ribs Soup
We prepare a recipe good for this winter. Try this healthy soup for your family!
- 1 Heavy Based Cooking Pot
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 lbs beef ribs
- 900 ml beef broth You can buy a commercial beef broth
- 1 pc bell pepper Large Size
- 1 pc onion medium size onion
- 1 pc carrot large size carrot
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 796 ml diced tomatoes we suggest diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 540 ml chick peas we recommend to use half can of chick peas
- 1/4 tsp salt You can add more salt you prefer
- 5 pcs mushroom large size
- Heat 1 tbsp oil until very hot in a large, heavy based pot over high heat.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef aggressively in 2 or 3 batches, adding more oil if needed. Remove browned beef into a bowl.
- If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil.
- Add onion, cook for 2 minutes
- Add carrot cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent
- Add beef broth, stir well. Then add the beef back in.
- Cover, adjust heat to medium low so it's bubbling gently. Simmer 1 hr 45 min or until beef is pretty tender
- Add tomatoes and peas, simmer for a further 20 minutes without the lid. Add cooked mushrooms in the last 5 minutes
- The soup is ready when the beef is very tender
- Adjust salt, turmeric powder and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper in this!).
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread if desired. Try quick Cheesy Garlic Bread or super easy Irish Soda Bread!